What the PHIT Act Means for You
The Personal Health Investment Today (PHIT) Act is a piece of legislation pending in the United States Congress that would allow taxpayers to place up to $2,000 a year in existing pre-tax medical accounts for reimbursement of physical activity expenses. By joining RhinoFit in the pledged support of the PHIT Act, you are promoting active lifestyles and improving the health of Americans.
If the PHIT Act passes, Health Savings Accounts (HAS) and Flexible Savings Accounts (FSA) may pay for qualified fitness expenses such as:
- Youth & Adult Sports League Fees
- Health Club Membership Dues
- Exercise Classes & Personal Trainers
- Sports & Fitness Equipment (if used exclusively for physical activities)
- Youth Camps
- Pay-to-Play School Sports Fees
- Organized Running Event Registration Fees
- Martial Arts, Gymnastics & other Physical Activities
The PHIT Act also helps the fitness industry thrive as it allows Americans to utilize their pre-tax dollars for memberships increasing affordability. The local businesses that are in business to get Americans fit and healthy will benefit tremendously from being allowed to accept the HAS & FSA payment cards.
Momentum is crucial for passage of the PHIT Act in 2017 , however it is one of the few pieces of legislation to enjoy bi-partisan support. PHIT Act would allow Americans to use pre-tax dollars to pay active lifestyle expenses to promote health.
How can you help?
- Email your Member of Congress.
- Call your Representatives.
- Write a letter to your Representative. The old fashion way is still very effective.
- Share this post on social media to spread the word.
- Send an email to your customer base, the PHIT Act impacts them the most!
With enough support, the team at RhinoFit believes that we could make an impact. To find out more information and additional ways to help support the PHIT Act visit the PHIT America Website