Our ability to adapt and overcome obstacles and challenges when they arise is what defines great leadership. As gym owners, we are faced with many difficult challenges and decisions that must be made with running a successful business. COVID-19 is no different. Like any other challenge, this presents a new opportunity to grow & learn. It’s important to stay proactive during these times while staying engaged with your members. Now is not the time to sit back or you will find your gym losing members to competitors who are quickly adapting to these changing times.
Below are some tips on how to adapt your gym and to stay proactive during these challenging times:
- Go Virtual – Stream your live workouts on Facebook, Zoom, or YouTube for any new or existing members to follow. By having remote classes you will keep your existing members happy while potential adding new clients along the way.
- Stay Engaged with your Current Clients – Constantly update your members on any relevant COVID-19 news and let them know of any upcoming bills and membership changes. If you are not able to train your clients remotely, send your clients emails with links to workout videos, training pictures, or other educational content. Keep you members motivated and loyal to your fitness program by continuing to set goals for them to accomplish within the next 30 days.
- Download the RhinoFit App – Make sure your members have downloaded the RhinoFit app so you can post your gym’s daily workouts and have your members log their results. Keep your members accountable and have them check-in for any remote classes.
- Scale your Workouts – Program your at home workouts to include plyometric exercises with minimum equipment requirements. Be creative with your workouts and make your workouts both fun and challenging for your members.
- Add a Kids Fitness Program – With most kids at home they will not have access to any Physical Education. Add a kids fitness program for the children to participate in along with their parents.